Friday, May 25, 2012

Life As We Know It

Evidently it is time for a life update. I cannot believe it has been nearly two years since my last blog entry. Braiden and I have been extremely busy these last couple of years so I guess it isn't that suprising.
Well, I guess to start, Braiden and I had put our house on the market November 2011 because we had just completely outgrown it. I loved my little house, but it just wasn't very practical for us any longer. With one child and three dogs, it just wasn't feesible, if we were ever going to expand our family,  living in a thousand square foot house wasn't going to work.
So, on my 29th birthday, we closed on our houses! What a birthday present. I do have to say though, I had a huge emotional breakdown driving away from our first home. It was bittersweet because we were so excited about our new house, but at the same time, this home is the one Braiden came home to when he got out of the military, we brought Ryder home here, and pretty much all our "first" memories were made here. Well, we moved into our new home and I lived. We'll always have those memories and now we have a place to make new memories. Plus, my parents live close to our old house so I always have an excuse to drive by it every once in a while, lol.
On another note, Ryder is four now. He actually got a birthday this year and even though he doesn't understand yet, Braiden and I were pretty excited since the actual day he was born only comes around once every 4 years. I do have to say, the time has seriously flown! He's playing baseball and loves it! My baby is growing up and we've accomplished so much more than I thought was possible in such a short amount of time. Braiden has been going to school non-stop and will finally be graduating in December. He got so lucky and was able to land an HVAC job which he is super excited about. Most of the time people have a hard time finding a job in their field of study even after they graduate so we were happy that he did before.
I am still working at Dr. Rozas' office in Coppell. It is an awesome job and I work with awesome people. Not much more to say about that, lol. EXCEPT, we were hit by that tornado a couple of months ago at work and all our cars were completely destroyed! But, no one was hurt so we're thankful for that!
We are very blessed and thankful for the life we have. I try to remind myself of that everyday because it could definitely be a lot worse!!!

No comments: